... A Sour Apple Tree
Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.
- Name: Chris James
- Location: Huntington, WV, United States
I'm a 33 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Random crap I can recall
- Dale Murphy being a shoo-in Hall of Famer.
- 16 ounce bottles of Mr. Pibb, Mello Yello, and New Coke for $.39. I was beyond pissed when they jacked the prices to $.45.
- Actually hearing it first on MTV News.
- The NFL taking a distant backseat to Major League Baseball.
- Chinese (well, Chinese-American) food being considered "exotic."
- John Raese's political viability.
- Old folks using "colored" and "negro" as genuine attempts at being respectful.
- Chopper 13, a sweet news copter owned by WOWK before they went a low-tech & Charleston-centric.
- Actually thinking that Charleston and Huntington were big cities.
- Three football seasons in the late 90s where, if they had played, Marshall would have walloped a weak WVU football squad.
- Marlboro cigarettes costing $1.59 after tax.
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Rivals top party school list, Marshall tops in going home every weekend after Thursday classes
Marshall University, on the other hand, finished 456th, between Eastern Oklahoma School of Accounting and BYU.
Note: after selecting Marshall, I messed with a WVU recruiter at my high school by asking him about what bars served underage kids and if they really had the best weed up there. He was none too amused and bristled at even the suggestion that WVU might be a rootin'-tootin', couch-burnin', bong-hittin' party school.
Monday, August 02, 2010
Top Ten Beverages of the Moment
2. Vitaminwater Connect. 100 mg caffeine per bottle!
3. Tap water. WV American doesn't make the best, but it is hot and humid outside and tap water is cheap and refreshing.
4. McDonald's iced caramel coffee. Tastes almost as good as the latte, but you get a shit-ton more for the money.
5. Ale-8 & cherry vanilla ice cream float. Summer in a mug.
6. The milk left over from a bowl of chocolate cereal. 45% better than Nesquick.
8. Celsius. The official beverage of Mario Lopez.
9. Green Apple Tango. How I miss thee.
10. Long John Silvers IceFlow Frozen Lemonade. Half price during "happy hour."