... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 33 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Top 12 Tudor's Biscuits

In honor of the 12 Days of Biscuits at Tudor's Biscuit World, here are my 12 favorite biscuits from Tudor's:
  1. 1. Mary B (bacon, egg, cheese)---Loads of bacon that is actually crispy (unlike most other places), a real fried egg, and a slice of what tastes like government cheese. Breakfast perfection.
  2. 2. Thundering Herd (sausage, egg, cheese, hash brown patty)---Even the most blindly partisan WVU fan admits that lil' brother got the better deal in biscuit nomenclature. I add mustard to mine.
  3. 3. Lumberjack (sausage, mustard, grape jelly)---Full disclosure: this is on no menu and, if you tried to order it under this name, you'd get blank-to-judgmental looks from the cashier. That said, the sweet & sour combination of the mustard & grapes compliment the saltiness of the sausage patty perfectly.
  4. 4. Ron (sausage, egg, cheese)---What I get when I want a Thundering Herd when I'm trying to watch my carbs ;). Also, $1.99 coupons for this one are almost always floating around somewhere.
  5. 5. Miner (bacon, hash brown patty, melted cheese)---I hate the name, as I don't usually associate coal mines with appetizing food, but a very good recent addition to the menu.
  6. 6. Dottie (egg, hash brown patty, cheese)---Perfect for the vegetarian w/ a big Appalachian streak.
  7. 7. Bacon (bacon)---Easy on the budget & delicious.
  8. 8. Peppi (pepperoni, melted cheese)---If WV ever joins WA & CO in decriminalizing marijuana, I expect the sales of this biscuit to increase by 1000%.
  9. 9. Duke (bacon, egg, cheese, hash brown patty)---While I love a Mary B with a hash brown, I prefer that they be kept separate. That said, I would never, ever, ever turn down a Duke if offered.
  10. 10. Golden Eagle (Canadian bacon, egg, cheese, hash brown patty)---I generally prefer sausage or bacon on my biscuit, but if I'm gonna go the Great White North route, I'm gonna add all the fixin's.
  11. 11. Apple butter (apple butter)---Like having dessert for breakfast.
  12. 12. Shaved Ham Melt (shaved ham, melted cheese)---I'm more likely to get this one if I'm having it for an early lunch.
Well, as you can tell, I love my Tudor's. What's your favorite?

Note: This post is my own opinion & I am in no way sponsored or compensated by Tudor's. I'm just a fanboy who likes good biscuits & loves West Virginia.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger cainster said...

Eggs and cheese should never be combined. They shouldn't even be on the same plate. If Carl Sagan had discovered that the cure for polio was in fact eggs with cheese, or even cheese with eggs, it would still be wrong. And evil.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home